Presentations & Speeches
The Social Justice Unit participates in forums and conferences to build awareness of our work with vulnerable children, young people and families and what will make a difference in breaking cycles of disadvantage.
- Young people, care and babies: achieving the best outcomes for children - Speech delivered by Karen Bevan, Director, Social Justice Unit, UnitingCare Children, Young People and Families at the NSW Legal Aid Care and Protection conference on 31 October 2012
- Suspending welfare payments to promote school attendance: strange logic, unlikely outcomes and a better way - Presentation to the Australian Council of Social Service National Conference - Sally Cowling
- Examining the Role of School Suspension - are there any viable alternatives? Presentation to the Australian Social Policy Conference - Toni Beauchamp and Samia Michail
- Using Compulsory Income Management to induce behavioural change: a case study in poor social policy - Presentation to the Australian Social Policy Conference - Sally Cowling
- The 'D' Word - Presentation to Australian Social Policy Conference
UnitingCare Burnside - Sally Cowling and Trish Brown
- Transmission of intergenerational disadvantage - Presentation to Newpin Conference
Dr Anne McMaugh, Children and Families Research Centre, Macquarie University and Sally Cowling, Social Justice Unit UnitingCare Burnside.